19 Nov 2016

Roksanda Sample Sale


Roksanda originally from Serbia, graduated from Architecture and Applied Arts at the University of Belgrade. However, emerged herself with the love of fashion and enrolled onto the fashion MA at Central Saint Martin's. Roksanda Ilincic is one of the most recognisable fashion personalities in London now. She has built her business into luxury and showing her collection on London Fashion Week since 2005.

Check out Roksanda here!

  Photo: Author's own


The Hoxton in Holborn was holding a Roksanda sample sale on 18th and 19th November- I had to check it out. I've never been to any sample sales before, therefore I wasn't sure what to expect. Walked in and was the cloakroom by the entrance to store away heavy bags and coats, which was nice because it means you can freely shop without any restrictions, such as a big winter coat or a heavy backpack. There was plenty of staff to help you. But in a way I felt intimidated at first but soon began becoming comfortable.
The pieces were very nice, and I liked that you can do what you can do when shopping- touch the garments and even try them on. I fell in love with one of the sandals, but sadly didn't have my size. I came out empty-handed. Overall, it was a nice and chill experience and would love to do this more often. I felt a majority of the pieces in the sample sale wasn't to my liking, although there were two pieces I matched together and looked really nice- I can't break my bank you know?
Going to sample sales not only allows you to buy designers are lower prices, but what's important to me is touching every piece for their fabrics/material, to their choice of colour, silhouettes and even textile techniques that you don't see everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment