18 Nov 2016

"OH What fun it is to BLIPP!"


I went to Covent Garden to see the Christmas lights turn on, on Tuesday 15th. The acclaimed Royal Opera Chorus performed, as well as Dancers from The Royal Ballet and The Royal Ballet School after. Lighting up the famous Christmas tree and illuminating the Market Building and surrounding streets with over 40 mistletoe chandeliers, and 80,000 pea lights.

Someone was passing round this small information pamphlet and briefly explained the app and what it was. Basically, the small map shows you the areas where you can 'Blipp' to unlock 'the magic at Covent Garden this Christmas'.

Photos: Author's Own

Firstly, you had to download the app called 'Blippar'. Secondly, find the spots on the map, and the bar codes that are displayed on various shops with offers to redeem only when you scan through Blippar. Thirdly, you scan and it will reveal what's the offer. For example, I went towards the shops where the 'exclusive reward' sticker was display on some of the shops. The example shows the offer from Kiehl's.

Another example, is Whittard of Chelsea. The offer was free glass of bubbly with afternoon tea (minimum two person per order). As you slide across, you could find them on Facebook, Instagram, the website, or even Tripadvisor.






Help Santa on the app Blippar Here, at Covent Garden.



What do you think of this?
my view is that it's nice and interactive with technology. However, I only knew about this because the pamphlet was handed to me with information explained, so afterwards, how will people know? There were signs and when I walked into the shopping area, unused shops had their windows covered telling you to download the app to redeem offers. But will people take notice and be bother to do it? who knows. I probably wouldn't if I just walked past during a busy time. Also, holding my phone towards the window to scan the code was somewhat embarrassing, because I was the only one doing it. Not everyone knows about it so they might think I'm weird. But maybe that's just me.
I heard that the Christmas tree is interactive with the Blippar app, but didn't have the chance to fully go round to the spots and check it out.
Do check it out when you have time!



Reference: https://www.facebook.com/events/1202736149764596/
https://www.coventgarden.london/reindeer-dash

No comments:

Post a Comment