30 Nov 2016

Black Friday Sales Got Me!



Urban Decay

Last year, I was out with my friend in London Oxford street. We popped into House of Fraser, where they were having a Masterclass- promoting the Urban Decay Summer collection 2016.
I walked out of the shop with Naked Skin One & Done, Hybrid Complexion Perfector in Light. Soon after, I got into Urban Decay...

I love their high range of colourful eyeshadows, where the makeup artists would wear bold and colourful makeup looks that was inspiring. Since then I have slowly built up my makeup collection. Since Urban Decay is bold, I went on the hunt to finding a good purple shade lipstick for myself, however the ones I'd tried and liked was matte/super matte, which was too drying for my lips. However, I ended up with their sheer shimmer called 'Seismic'. I love that you can layer to add more intensity or not, because it's sheer.



Black Friday got me! 
I bought two more Vice lipsticks to add to my collection. one from the Metallized collection, and the other from Sheer. As you can see from the photo-shot I took above, the sheer is a pink nude 'Sheer Rapture', while the red 'Cruel' has gold shimmers- creating a subtle glittery and lustrous lip. Both are not drying, instead it's creamy/moisturising but not sticky.

Photo: Author's own.

Did you know?
In 2009, Urban Decay received approval by CCI on cosmetics and PETA awarded fifth annual best cruelty-free cosmetic line. However, the award was removed after UD announced they would begin selling in China. Fortunately, UD then announced months later they would not be selling in China.
My point is, when brands say they are cruelty free on their website, are they really if they sell their products in China? Animal testing is required by law, when products are manufactured outside of China.
Therefore Urban Decay is cruelty-free! 






Reference: http://www.urbandecay.co.uk/en_GB/commitments/commitments.html
http://www.urbandecay.co.uk/en_GB/aboutus/about-us.html

No comments:

Post a Comment